Monday, February 2, 2009

Dinner in Kentucky

So I went out the other with Jeremy. I had drive up to Clarksville to see him. The trip was about an hour and 20 minutes long, not too bad of a considering the last time I tried to go to Clarksville, my car broke down at some random exit that I can no longer remember and I had to have my grandfather drive up and tow my car back home. Embarrassing to say the least. Jeremy showed me around Clarksville, and we spent the entire time saying sarcastic comments about the town and its inhabitants. Most of whom had the exact same high and tight, standard military haircuts. He showed me the main gate to the Fort Campbell Army Base, which is Gate 4 by the way. Not far from there, is a small little Mexican Restaurant where he chose to eat, (he didn't want to wait at the Old Chicago Restaurant.) As soon as I walked through the door, I knew we were no longer in Tennessee because the room was filled with smoke, and Tennessee recently passed the no smoking in restaurants law last October. The place was like another Mexican restaurant, and even had an older man serenading the entire place with hits like La Bamba, and even All My Exs Live in Texas. I enjoyed the food but most importantly i enjoyed the company and will drive up to Clarksville anytime to have dinner in Kentucky again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...