Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Tonsillectomy Recovery Day One

The procedure went great. I got here at 9 but didn't go back until 11. But I slept in the hospital bed almost the entire time. When I finally went back I remember rolling into the surgery room and nothing after that. I love that medicine.

I woke up to fogginess and just wanted to go back to sleep. I apparently told the nurses that I didn't want to take the hydrocodine. Which I told my mom that she should have made me take it!! 
Apparently this happened too. I stole this off my mom's facebook page! It probably helped that I still had my makeup on from the day before but of course my hair was a curly mess.


Right now the pain is minimal. I've had strep that has felt worse then this. It feels like there is something stuck on the back of my throat that won't go away. I know the real pain is coming soon though. Of course I got a giant bottle of the good stuff to help with that and put me to sleep as well!! And I do enjoy having a legitimate excuse to sleep all day long. 


Right now I am just hungry but last night I tried to eat some mashed potatoes yesterday and they didn't go down very well so I will be sticking to popsicles and ice cream.
I think I'm pretty well stocked up for the next two weeks too!


xoxo, am&a lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...