Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Don't Push Me Away


A friend of mine whom I haven't spoken to in a few weeks sent me a text today. He was telling me how he has been depressed and not making enough money at work and that's the reason why he hasn't spoken to me or been able to hang out the past few weeks. 

I understand that and I told him flat out that I eventually quit asking him to hang out because he was always too busy for me and not his other friends. And I also told him the statement above. "You can't shut people out of your life. They may not be there when you need to let them back in."

People can only be rejected so may times before they no longer want to be your friend anymore. As someone who has been a complete nerd her whole life, I am familiar with depression and rejection. I have always had people come up to me and ask me when my baby is due, which wouldn't be a problem if I was actually pregnant which I have never been. It can really lower your self-esteem especially when you have already lost over 25 pounds and people are STILL asking you that damn question.

I had given up on being happy and settled on being miserable. I figured this was the best it was ever going to be. 

Then I heard this song. (I prefer the SMASH Cast version. It's a little more fast paced then the original.)
 
 

Originally sung by Rihanna, "Cheers (I'll Drink to That)", has some inspiring lyrics right from the beginning. 
Life's too short to be sitting around miserable.
People gonna talk whether you doing bad or good.
 
Just those two lyrics right there were enough to pull me out of my slump and start focusing on the good things around me. Of course this lyric helped as well since it dealt with my main problem, people. People are what hurt the most.
Don't let the bastards get you down.
 
I don't care what people think about me anymore, I only care what I think about me. When I started focusing on the good instead of the bad I became more positive and when I looked in the mirror I saw someone I hadn't seen in a long time, myself. And she was smiling a little!

I hope you take my advice seriously and don't shut people out of your life that you may need to let back into your life again one day. Who knows if they will be there. Of course a true friend will never truly leave you, you may just have a lot of explaining to do to get them to open up to you again.

xoxo, am&a lynn ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...