Monday, May 14, 2012

Tonsillectomy Recovery Week One

It has been one week since I had my tonsils removed from my throat. And I can't tell you how many times I have dreamed of food. It has been an almost constant when I sleep, anytime, day or night. 

There was one dream when my entire family went out to eat and I pushed my plate away to go to the bathroom and I came back and it was all gone! I woke up crying!

I miss real food. I have a craving for everything I can't have chips, candy, burgers, you know the things I wouldn't be able to swallow. For someone who loves ice cream you wouldn't think I'd get tired of it, but it doesn't feel me up. 


I hope within this next week and a half that my tonsils will be all healed up and I will be able to eat whenever and whatever I want without having a hard time swallowing or feeling sick.


xoxo, am&a lynn

3 comments:

  1. I love that you documented your tonsillectomy. I'm getting mine out this Monday and I'm torn. I love ice cream, but everyone is saying 'no milk' so I've been scouring the web for other people's experiences.

    I'm going to guess you didn't have a problem with dairy? Like a mucusy film in the back of your throat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Problem with dairy or muscus film on throat. I had a pretty great experience with not too much pain at all. I had a problem with mashed potatoes sticking to my mouth and throat. Which was a shame because I was really looking forward to them. Popsicles were my best friend for the first two days then I had loads of ice cream. I had my fridge stocked with baskin Robbins mint chocolate chip. I hope you have an easy recovery and hope my posts help.

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous, I'm on day 5 of recovery and I'm just getting bored and feeling helpless. But it helps to read other peoples' accounts of surgery and how they made it through. Thanks a million! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...