Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Meaning of Spring Break



For most people Spring Break means going to Virginia, Florida, Cancun or some foreign island/country. Girl in bikinis laying out at the beach and hanging out with friends and guys checking out the girls while flexing their muscles.
Maybe even a bunch of people getting drunk, partying and someone coming back with a tattoo in some place their parents will not find,or at least hope their parents won't find. Take my sister for example who came back from Flordia sun tattoo on her bum.
For me, Spring Break means sitting at home, working, and/or doing nothing. I am 27 years old and I have never been on a Spring Break before. There are a few reasons for this, in high school; (1) I was never invited to go anywhere – I was kind of a shy person, (2) I never had any money to go anywhere – I am the child of a single parent, so my mother was not able to pay for my break, like most kids my age, and (3) I was never going to put on a swimsuit in my condition – I was a bigger girl, until this year, and was always so self-conscious about my figure and I did not want to put on a swimsuit just to have someone laugh at my face.
After high school, I just figured Spring Break was something for high school and college kids to do and since I didn’t go to college directly after school I just assumed it was not for me. I went straight to work and tried to make money. I stress the word "tried."
It’s not that I never wanted to go on Spring Break. I would have loved to go and hang out with my girlfriends laughing and party. But alas I was denied this right of passage.
Now that I am in college I have thought more about spring break and how fun it would be to go somewhere, but just like every other year, money is and always will be an issue.
If I did decide to go on a spring break trip, I would feel like the old foggie who is hanging around the youngens' trying to relive my youth, and that is just not for me.

spring break Pictures, Images and Photos

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...