Friday, April 13, 2012

friggatriskaidekaphobics

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!



Friggatriskaidekaphobics, an alternative, though just as tongue-twisty, word for the fear is "paraskevidekatriaphobia," is the word used to describe people who are afraid of Friday the 13th. 

We all know the superstitions on Friday the 13th, don't walk under a latter or it's bad luck if a black cat crosses your path. Here are some I found in a Time magazine article that even I didn't know about.

• If you cut your hair on Friday the 13th, someone in your family will die.
• A child born on Friday the 13th will be unlucky for life.
• If a funeral procession passes you on Friday the 13th, you will be the next to die.
•  Thought to derive from the Last Supper with Jesus and his 12 apostles or the Norse Myth where the uninvited Loki made the 13th guest, that having thirteen people seated at a table will result in the death of one of the diners.

There are many reasons that this day is considering bad luck for so many people. I however think it has good luck tendencies. It is my brother's 34th birthday after all and I have a love of black cats!


This day is how you make it, if you think it's unlucky then it will be, but if you think it's lucky it will be. I hope it's a lucky love day for me and I intend to make it a very lucky day for myself.

So for all you believers and nonbelievers, have fun and be safe!

xoxo, am&a lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...