Thursday, September 15, 2011

Cooking Lesson #2 - Stuffed Peppers

On Tuesday Jeremy actually had the day off, so I experimented and made stuffed peppers for the first time. I found the recipe on the back of a Minute rice box and it looked interesting and easy.



I chose 4 of the brightest color peppers I could find and I had to go to two different stores to get them. I wanted one in every color just so things could be festive.


Cleaning them was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, the insides just scooped right out!


For me, this was the gross part. I am not one for touching raw hamburger meat, but I did it.


They already look so pretty, even with the raw meat inside.



Oh my gosh, the smell while they were cooking was amazing. I only wish I could put the smell onto my blog page.


This is my finished product, ready to eat. I added a few spoonfuls of marinara to the bowl, I knew the amount on top was not going to be enough for either of us. 

The recipe said cook them for 45 minutes but I had to cook them a little longer to get the pink out of the meat. I also had to call an expert, my grandmother, to make sure I had done them right. Once I saw the pink inside I wasn't sure I started to doubt myself. It didn't saw to cook the meat before had so I was a little scared but she assured me that you don't cook the meat so it can mix with the peppers.

I think I did a fantastic job on this recipe and I hope you all enjoy. Here is a copy of the recipe in case you want to try it out for yourselves.






xoxo, am&a lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...