Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Bastille Day!!!!!

As those of you who have been reading this blog can tell, I love everything French and yes this includes their holidays as well. So I am wishing everyone a Happy Bastille Day or Bonne Fête Nationale!!


So What is Bastille Day? 

Bastille Day, the French national holiday, commemorates the storming of the Bastille, which took place on 14 July 1789 and marked the beginning of the French Revolution. The Bastille was a prison and a symbol of the absolute and arbitrary power of Louis the 16th's Ancient Regime. By capturing this symbol, the people signaled that the king's power was no longer absolute: power should be based on the Nation and be limited by a separation of powers.


I think I will celebrate by having a French movie marathon starting with my favorite French film, Amelie!
 And thanks to Netflix I can watch as many as I want without having to buy any of them.
____________________________
Anything French always take me back to my time in France. I wish I was still there. 

This is a group shot upon our arrival in Cherbourg, France the Summer of 2007.

This was taken by Stephanie at Luxembourg Gardens in Paris, France.

My Birthday Buddy Tad, took this picture. It is one of my favorites, I have it framed in my room. I am staring at a beach in Normandy, France.
This was my very first image of the Eiffel Tower. For more on this story you can read my post here.
Bonne Fête Nationale!!
xoxo, am&a lynn ♥ 
Viva la revolution!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...